Position: Radiologic Technologist
Reports to: Lead Technologist Supervisor
PRIMARY FUNCTION/GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Performing patient care duties involved in a variety of technical procedures applying ionizing radiation, for a radiological diagnosis. This position also requires performance of non-radiological procedures, which are EKGs, Holter Monitors and Pace Maker Checks. This position serves the following patient populations: adults, geriatrics and young males and females.
- Completion of a 24-month approved radiological technology program or equivalent
- Registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (A.R.R.T.)
- License or certification through the Commonwealth of Virginia (Department of Health Professions) or the state where procedures are performed
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs the following duties related to Mobile Imaging, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Preparing and assuring physician and patient orders are accurate and are forwarded to the office as required in a timely manner.
- Assuring the equipment is available and in working order (in the vans) prior to shift start and shift end.
- Setting, adjusting, manipulating and controlling a variety of electronic equipment to obtain diagnostic images to include EKG’s and Holter Monitor.
- Is cognizant of patient’s suspected pathology as reported by Nurse/M.D. (noted on the patient request form.
- Analyzing patient’s general body size, physical condition, age and any abnormalities in order to determine proper electronic and technical factors.
- Positioning and handling patient with high degree of safety and professionalism.
- Providing protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards. Set up radiation protective shielding required for maximum protection in accordance with National Council on Radiation Protection relating to medical use of ionizing radiation and appropriate state laws.
- Determining and selecting proper electronic and technical factors, which safeguard the patient, x-ray tube and equipment.
- Directing and practicing sterile technique to prevent cross-contamination.
- Immediately reporting any malfunction, necessary adjustment or equipment repair to direct supervisor.
- Supervising and evaluating activities of student radiographers as assigned for training.
- Performing record keeping and related functions, which include but not limited to:
- Assuring accurate information on patient exams and performs exam as ordered by the ordering physician. ( CMS/Medicare/Medicaid rules)
- Assuring that the x-ray, physician order and the face sheet is forwarded to the office via Turbo-scan or fax prior to leaving the facility in order to minimize the waiting time for Radiological interpretation, and result reporting.
- Delivering discs, EKGs etc. to reading groups. Also delivers request forms as requested by facilities.
- Performing other office duties as requested and as time permits.
FOLLOWS JOINT COMMISSION NATIONAL PATIENT SAFETY GOALS
To include hand washing and patient identifiers.
- Works in an area where there is potential radiation exposure, but which is monitored by radiation badges.
- Works in an areas where there is potential infectious disease exposure, but which requires the technologist to use safety precautions-gloves, masks, hand disinfectants, and to follow precautionary measures as required by the facility.
- Requires hand washing on a regular basis
- Requires viewing a CRT.
- Requires moving x-ray equipment and EKG machine in and out of the Vans.
- Requires driving on a daily basis.
- Requires lifting and manipulating patient furnishings to acquire proper positioning for x-rays exams.
About Employment at Dynamic Mobile Imaging
It is the responsibility of all employees to learn and utilize continuous quality improvement principles in their daily work. Employees are required to extend the mission and values of Dynamic Mobile Imaging, treating each patient, staff member and each customer (facility staff) in a dignified manner with respect, kindness and understanding. The employee is required to subscribe to the organizations commitment to quality and service.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by technologists assigned to this job and not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties.